DISCLAIMER: Sharing hidden gems via the internet is paradoxical, because they (obviously) no longer remain hidden and quickly become popular. Personally I feel that it begins to ruin the initial appeal of the hidden gem itself, but nevertheless, I have decided to share a hidden gem at BC each week with you all. Why? Well it doesn’t seem fair keeping all of the best unknown people, places, and things around all to myself.
Hidden Gem of the Week: The Sauna
I know what you are thinking … and yes BC does actually have a sauna. I was first introduced to the sauna by Chestnut Trill’s very own, Julius Cesear during the last year’s historically cold and snowy winter. To those of you who already have a layer of sweat forming on your forehead just from reading this post, I know it may seem ludicrous to make the trek to the sauna. It’s not. There is no better start to a Sunday than a nice detox from all of your weekend shenanigans before you start that leftover work from syllabus week.
What you need to know:
- Where is the it? For all the dudes out there, the sauna is located all the way at the back of the locker room in the Plex on the right, just before the bathroom/showers. Girls, I honestly have no idea whether or not you have a sauna. It would probably be a bit creepy if I did, but I’d say it’s safe to assume that you have one too.
- Are there any rules? I have yet to see (or pay attention to) any legitimate rules posted. There are unwritten rules though.
- Say hi to other people – who know you may make a new friend or learn something new
- What happens in the sauna stays in the sauna – it’s a great place to get something off your chest
- Any tips?
- Don’t bring your phone! It will overheat. It will turn off. It will burn your hand (trust me!)
- BRING A WATER BOTTLE – you will feel extremely dehydrated if you are sitting, sweating your ass off and not drinking any water. I don’t want to walk in and see you passed out on the floor
- Shower ASAP – the feeling is euphoric! (cold water highly recommended)
As the weather starts to cool down I hope you will take some time to visit the sauna (it’s not like it’s a HUGE commitment). Let me know what you think of the sauna. If you know of any hidden gems around BC let me know.
Over and out!